Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lucky.

Or maybe the proper word is blessed.

I'm so blessed.

It's been a rough five, almost six years now, for me. Not by lots of other people's standards--just me personally. But this past summer has probably been the best of my life. I've become friends with some people in my class that I thought I could only hope to become friends with. I've spent time with some amazing family members that I haven't seen in five years. But more than that, God has radically changed my perspective on who I am and my individual personality.

I'm starting to really like and enjoy me.

No, scratch that--

I freaking love me.

It blows my mind how different I feel. Even if other people don't notice the difference, I sure as heck do. I'm more creative. I'm happier. I'm more relaxed. I think generally I'm more fun to be around. Things that would have terrified me four months ago don't scare me in the slightest. Going back to school next year will be the ultimate test to see if I really am different or if I just feel different. I already know the answer. I may not be as brave as I am right now at school next year, but I know there will be an improvement.

Somehow or someway, my junior year is going to be different. Don't ask me how I know that-- I just do.

And I. am. so. excited.

1 comment: