Friday, March 23, 2012

Laziness and other nightmares.

Okay. I get it. You're tired and don't want to do the dishes. Maybe for a second I would think you're lazy, but I actually did the same thing a couple of days ago. So I'll let it slide.

That's not the kind of "lazy people" that I'm talking about. I'm talking about those people who are generally lazy. Like, they don't care about money, grades, responsibilities, or anything. They're the people who 'dance through life'-go see the musical Wicked- and get away with it. It's annoying.

It's those people who say they're going to do great things, and then they don't work hard for it. A lot of the times, as far as school and teenagers are concerned, it's the super smart kids who are the laziest. They've never really had to work for good grades so they don't try. And other times, it's the kids who think they're stupid, so they play it up and don't try. That way, if they fail, no one will think twice.

I'd rather try and fail than be considered stupid to begin with. But I can certainly sympathize with those people. I'm afraid to be laughed at. Oh sure, you say, isn't everybody? I guess so. For me it doesn't matter if it's a giggle, a loud laugh, or whatever. Even if it's not directed at me. If I hear someone laugh in class, and I don't know who or what they're laughing at... and I have even just an inkling of an idea that they might be laughing at me... I freak. I can't breathe, I start to shake, and I'm paralyzed. Like I can't think and I can't focus. There's a reason for that. But it's not one that I'm interested in sharing on a public blog right now.

But you're smart. I'm sure you could figure it out somehow.

Anyways, I can sympathize with people not wanting to fail. Not wanting to get laughed at. But either way, people who are just generally lazy because they can be? #Don'tUnderstandThosePeople

No comments:

Post a Comment