Monday, May 7, 2012

Just Because I'm Me.


I was just realizing how many incredible people I have in my life. People who understand what I'm feeling and who love me and care for me even when I feel totally worthless. 

When I feel frustrated because I'm so shy, cautious, and scared... I realize that if I was a different person- with a different personality... I wouldn't know the amazing people that I do.

I got to spend my whole Friday evening with these awesome people. I went to a high school "battle of the bands" kind of competition and had a blast! Even though I couldn't hear for ten minutes afterwards...

I drove a good friend of mine there cause he didn't have a ride. He's pretty much the only guy I'm not scared to talk too so as much as he can drive me crazy sometimes, I still love him to death. Once I was there, I got to hang out with one of my best friends. She's amazing. Then afterwards I got to go to the Avengers movie with two of the coolest women ever. My English teachers. (; They're pretty fantastic.  

All of these people matter so much to me. I was thinking about them, and all of the other people I didn't even see that night. I love them all so much. And I really wish they knew that. I don't usually have the guts to tell people that they matter to me. In fact, I don't usually have the guts to say much of anything. 

Most of them will never read this, but if they do, I just want to say... 

You are incredible. I'm ridiculously thankful and blessed to have you in my life. I wish I wasn't so shy or terrified of what people think of me... and maybe someday I won't be, so I can come back and thank you in person. Maybe then I can tell you how much I love each one of you, and how much you've impacted my life. Thank you for being the few people, out of the billions of people in this world, that love me and care about me. Just because I'm me. 

1 comment:

  1. I love you, you authoress-matchmaker-sassy-awesome friend of mine. Thank you for being there for me, and for being willing to say these things. <3

    ReplyDelete