Friday, April 6, 2012

Today.

I miss the beach. I really want to go again to see the sun rise. It was so beautiful. I'd love to go and purposefully sit away from everyone else and spend some time with the Lord. I wonder how many people actually notice the sun rising every morning. I'm sure tons of people are up before the sun rises each morning, but I wonder how many of them actually take the time to notice it.

It's a glorious masterpiece that's created every. single. morning. Think about it. What would happen if one day the sun didn't rise? If one day, the Earth stopped spinning? People would notice it then! The Lord paints a beautiful picture every day for us to see.

I know God is all powerful, all knowing, and magnificent beyond my understanding. But for me, most of the time, God lets me see his sweet, gentle side. And I can't help but wonder, even being the incredible incomprehensible being that He is, what if every day God tries to give us a gift, small in comparison to everything else He's given us, to remind us that He still cares.

That He's still going to "make everything be ok."

I can't help but picture a boy who is totally smitten with one particular girl. He draws her a sweet picture of a rose and a heart, and makes a little note to go along with it. Nervously, he hides it somewhere he knows she's sure to find it... and then he waits. He hopes and prays and wishes that she'll find it and she'll love it. Then maybe, just maybe, she'll notice him.

And I can't help but wonder if God, even though he's all-powerful, all-knowing, and impossible to describe, doesn't have the same feeling that boy does.

"Maybe today someone will notice my painting."

"Maybe today they'll stop to enjoy the gift I made for them."

"Maybe, just maybe... today one of them will notice me."

No comments:

Post a Comment